SEE CALL FOR PROPOSALS FOR NEW WORKSHOPS – DEADLINE
August 6th 2018 DEADLINE EXTENDED TO August 15, 2018
NOTIFICATION of DECISIONS – September 1st 2018
WORKSHOPS CHAIR and VICE-CHAIR
Erik Saule (University of North Carolina Charlotte, USA)
Jaroslaw Zola (The State University of New York at Buffalo, USA)
WORKSHOPS PROCEEDINGS CHAIR
Kyle Chard (University of Chicago, USA)
Olivier Beaumont (Inria Bordeaux Sud-Ouest, France)
Sunita Chandrasekaran (University of Delaware, USA)
Ananth Kalyanaraman (Washington State University, USA)
Cynthia A. Philips (Sandia National Laboratories, USA)
Sivasankaran Rajamanickam (Sandia National Laboratories, USA)
Min Si (Argonne National Laboratory, USA)
Alan Sussman (University of Maryland, USA)
Bora Ucar (CNRS, France)
IPDPS 2019 CALL FOR NEW WORKSHOPS
The proposals should contain the following information:
- Description: Provide brief description of the workshop, its scope and topics; the list of organizers with the confirmed chair(s); the program committee members (indicate whether the members have been confirmed); and the important dates. A URL to the main page of the tentative workshop must be included. A workshop proposal where no website containing the main information has been setup will be rejected.
- Organizers: Provide a short vita of the organizers by listing the current affiliation, position, and previous experience in organizing other events including workshops/conferences/panels at IPDPS or other venues. Provide contact information (name and email) of at most 3 person IPDPS should use as point of contact.
- History: If re-running (earlier editions were held somewhere other than IPDPS), provide general information by listing the name of the workshop, the hosting conference, year, number of papers submitted, number of papers accepted, number of attendees; if there were posters/panels, their numbers and topics (for panels), and URL’s of the existing web pages.
- Targeted papers and audience: Provide information on targeted papers and audience: (i) Where are the papers from (government labs, universities, industry); (ii) What is the expected profile of the participants (speakers + audience)? (iii) How will the workshop be advertised?
- Format of the workshop: Provide a short overview of the format by indicating if the workshop (i) will have peer reviewed papers in the proceedings? (ii) will be half day or full day long? (iii) will have a keynote talk? If yes, provide a tentative list of speakers; (iv) will have a panel? If yes, provide the topic and the potential panelists? (v) will have external (e.g., NSF) support for student participants.
WHAT/WHERE TO SUBMIT
Proposals can be submitted here at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ipdpsw19
Submitted proposals may not exceed three (3) single-spaced double-column pages using 10-point size font on 8.5x11 inch pages (IEEE conference style), including figures, tables, and references.
IPDPS 2019 UPDATE FOR EXISTING IPDPS WORKSHOPS
IPDPS Workshops from the preceding year(s) should apply for renewal. For more information, please contact the workshops chair at email@example.com. All workshops that ran in 2018 will be contacted directly with additional information. Any workshop previously run with IPDPS before 2018 must apply as new.
REVIEW OF NEW WORKSHOP PROPOSALS and RENEWALS
All submitted proposals and renewal requests will be reviewed by the workshops committee. Both new workshop proposals and renewal requests are due
August 6th, 2018 August 15, 2018
. Notification of final decisions for new proposals and renewal requests are expected to be mailed on September 1st, 2018.
ABOUT IPDPS WORKSHOPS
Held on the first and last day of the conference, IPDPS workshops provide an extended forum that allows the IPDPS community an opportunity to fully explore special topics and to present work that is more preliminary and cutting-edge or that has more practical content than the more mature research presented in the main symposium. Each workshop has its own requirements and schedule for submissions. Workshop papers’ submission dates typically fall after the notification date for the main symposium papers. Proceedings of the workshops are distributed at the conference and are submitted for inclusion in the IEEE Xplore Digital Library after the conference.