[IPDPS] CS Material workshop on May 13-14 in Saint Petersburg, Florida (Colocated with IPDPS)

Erik Saule esaule at uncc.edu
Mon Apr 3 03:23:45 UTC 2023

CS Materials is a tool created to get a better understanding of how CS
courses are being taught. We invite you to an NSF-supported workshop
on CS Materials on May 13-14 colocated with IPDPS in Saint Petersburg,
Florida. We are particularly interested in understanding how the
parallel computing community teaches their undergraduate courses. (We
are interested in all CS courses, though we expect an over
representation of systems courses at IPDPS).

Most of the time of the workshop will be spent in training on using
the system and in classifying the materials in your course. This
classification will be used to analyze the structure of your course
but also to get a better understanding of how CS is being taught in
the USA.

Selected participants will receive a $3000 stipend for their
work. (For US citizens and US residents only. Other faculty at US
institutions can receive travel reimbursement instead.)

Apply: https://forms.gle/gPCfXiVn6UyewohL8

More information:
http://bridgesuncc.github.io/workshops/2023/CSMaterials-Summer-2023/workshop.html

If you can not attend this workshop, we are also running another one
on June 12-14 in Charlotte, NC. ( https://forms.gle/NMjSGKrspPiAGq5m6 )

--
--
Erik Saule