[IPDPS] EduPar20 deadline extensions

Tia Newhall newhall at cs.swarthmore.edu
Fri Jan 31 22:14:49 UTC 2020

[Apologies if you receive  multiple copies of this email]

We announce multiple submission deadline extenstions to EduPar-20
<https://tcpp.cs.gsu.edu/curriculum/?q=edupar20>, the10th NSF/TCPP Workshop
on Parallel and Distributed Computing Education held in conjunction with
IPDPS <http://www.ipdps.org/> on May 18 in New Oreans, LA, USA.

New Submission Deadlines:

   -

   Feburary 9 2020: Papers Du
   -

   February 9, 2020: Peachy Assignment Abstract Due
   -

   February 23, 2020: Poster Abstract Due

Please see the EduPar website with more details about submissions, dates,
and submission links:: https://tcpp.cs.gsu.edu/curriculum/?q=edupar20

Papers: 6-8 pages, due Feb 9: We encourage you to submit your work related
to Parallel and Distributed Compturing (PDC)  Education. We seek
submissions on a broad range of topics related to the teaching of PDC
topics.  Accepted papers will be published in the IEEE Xplore Digital
Library. Authors will also be invited to submit to a journal special issue,
as in the past workshops (for example see the vol. 105 of the Journal of
Parallel and Distributed Computing
<https://www.sciencedirect.com/journal/journal-of-parallel-and-distributed-computing/vol/105>
).

Peachy Assignment: 2-page abstract due Feb 9: We're looking for parallel
programming assignments that have been tested in class, are ready for
others to adopt, and are particularly cool and inspirational for students.
Accepted assignments will be combined into a paper in the conference
proceedings and displayed on the Peachy website:
https://tcpp.cs.gsu.edu/curriculum/?q=peachy

Posters: 2-page abstracts due Feb. 23: If you have work that just not quite
ready for a paper or peachy assignment, we encourage you to submit a
poster.  Also, in keeping with our 10th anniversary "looking back/looking
forward" theme, if you are a past EduPar contributor we invite you to
submit a poster presentation on your experiences - what was your original
contribution, what has worked, what has not, what survived long term, what
changed, what is coming next. Accepted posters will be combined into a
paper in the conference proceedings.

About the Program:  As part of our 10 year anniversary of EduPar, and
keeping with its "looking back and looking forward" theme, this year's
conference includes:

   -

   A distinguished keynote speaker who will present a "looking forward"
   themed talk on  what they see as emerging challenges for PDC, and important
   new foci, directions, and challenges for PDC education.
   -

   An invited panel of distinguished panelists to lead a lively discussion
   of "looking back" at what we have accomplished in PDC education these past
   10 years, and "looking forward" to future challenges in PDC education and
   to educators, including future technical challenges as well as broader
   challenges related to  diversity, broadening participation, and societal
   and ethical issues.
   -

   An Announcement of TCPP curriculum version 2