[IPDPS] IPDPS 2016 - CALL FOR COMMENTS BY MAY 25TH

Bader, David A bader at cc.gatech.edu
Mon May 16 01:52:19 UTC 2016

15 May 2016 Release
IEEE-IPDPS 2016 (Chicago 23-27 May)
-----------------------------
CALL FOR COMMENTS
-----------------------------

30th IEEE International Parallel & Distributed Processing Symposium

May 23-27, 2016
Chicago Hyatt Regency
Chicago, Illinois USA
www.ipdps.org<http://www.ipdps.org>

IPDPS 2016 COMMUNITY SUMMIT
On Wednesday, May 25th at 4:00 PM, the IPDPS Steering Committee will host a Community Summit at IPDPS 2016 in Chicago. We hope you will be able to attend and participate. If not, we have set up a way to collect comments from the whole community prior to the Summit on May 25th.

INVITATION TO COMMENT ON FUTURE OF CONFERENCE
...Comments should be sent by May 22, 2016
...Send email of less than 200 words to comments at ipdps.org<mailto:comments at ipdps.org>
...Subject should be: IPDPS 2016 SUMMIT

...Comments will be collected anonymously unless sender requests attribution.
BACKGROUND
Our goal is, of course, to make IPDPS the premier broad-based conference for research in the dynamic field of Parallel and Distributed Computing and to also find ways to make sure every attendee leaves the conference stimulated and enriched, every volunteer feels like a valued contributor, and every author feels energized by audience participation and interaction.

WHAT WE NEED TO HEAR FROM YOU
Your input will be invaluable to this effort, so please take the opportunity to tell us things you think we need to know about what is good in the current format of IPDPS and what needs improvement.  Even better, if you are able to attend the Summit, we will have a chance for the whole assemblage to hear your ideas and others comments. Your input together with the Summit on the 25th will help launch initiatives for growth and improvement, and we will plan to "summit" again in 2017 to see where things stand and what we learned and what actions we have taken.